Activities near the Amphitheatre
- The spectacular Amphitheatre Golf Course offers a challenging 9 hole game with spectacular scenery. The birdlife has been enhanced by the water features, attracting an array of water birds. Tel 036 438 6308
- The Amphitheatre Valley offers spectacular hiking. The Royal Natal Drakensberg Park forms part of the Okhahlamba Drakensberg Park. This is the most spectacular part of the Drakensberg, and therefore, most hikes are extremely rewarding. Drakensberg Mountain Hiking Trails offer guided hikes in the Amphitheatre Valley Mountain Trails offers a guiding service with professional registered community guides. The Drakensberg also offers some slack packing trails which are a really interesting option of exploring these mountains
- Horse riding is a popular activity amongst holiday makers in the Drakensberg and the Amphitheatre Valley offers spectacular Horse riding.
Restaurants near the Amphtheatre
- Esibayeni Resturant
- Tower of Pizza
- Bingelela Restaurant
Hiking trails at the Amphtheatre
- Tugela Gorge hike – A 17km hike which takes 5 hours return This is an example of hiking along a river course with views of the Amphitheatre. The first 5km is very easy but try to avoid walking along the road. The path via Tendele Camp is more interesting.
- Sentinel Peak car park to the top of the Amphitheatre via the chain ladder. 5 hour return hike. This is the only day hiking trail that will get you to the top of the Drakensberg escarpment in a reasonable day.